Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Michelle Bridges Blog challenge

Shrinkingkat from the forum has started up a challenge.  I like to blog but often feel like I have to have something exciting to blog about so this will be a nice change and challenge - So here we go.


1. Describe yourself in 25 words or less. You can get straight to the point - or bring your creativity into play.    Mum, Wife - Exercise and Arty crafty person wanna be. Loud, proud and hopefully a good friend. Determined to be Me. Messy & forgetful.


2. What brings you to 12wbt? Getting fitter? Losing weight? (Gaining weight??) Are you first timer, a repeat offender??  This is my 2nd official round - Although I have signed up for 3. I was injured just before the last round of 2010 started and didn't start.  I started my weight loss journey on the 1st May 2010 and I am half way there so I need to keep going.  I know the program works & it keeps me accountable for my actions with each weekly weigh in.  I want to be fit and lean and a sometimes runner.

3. Why do you blog??  It's kind of like my on line diary.  I can look back and see where I was emotionally and with my challenge journey if I am having an emotional moment - I can take inspiration from how far I have come.  It makes me responsible for my own actions as well.  I hope that its interesting enough to motivate people who read my blog and maybe make some cyber friends along the way. Plus I like to just ramble so it keeps the house quiet while I'm blogging cause my lips aren't flapping with talking.

4. Who is your biggest inspiration in life and why (doesn't have to be weight loss) Conceiving my son after years of infertility and several rounds of IVF.

5. What things in life bring you the most joy? Blue skies on a warm Spring day Especially after it has been grey for days on end.  Rainbows (yes I know a big kid at heart). Hanging out my little Son and Hubby, Getting to gym and smashing a good session. Being around my inspirational friends who are traveling the same journey in life.  Laying on the beach especially at Broadbeach Queensland and soaking in the blue water and clean sands. I just love that place. 

6.What do you think your greatest challenge is going to be this round? Me and my brain! (Cause I kind of stop myself from breaking through the 75kg on my scales)  My body as I have a back and hip problem that no one seems to be able to fix without some sort of surgery. 

7. What are you most excited about 12wbt?   Getting to December and being the lightest and best I have been in years.  Supporting others and watching them achieve their goals along the way.  Buying my reward goal of new "small" clothes.  ( I have so many small or big small clothes). Oh and donating them to the Op shop.
8. And what scares the pants off you? Loosing sight of my goals, my so called casual job getting in the way of me achieving. Or not achieving what I set out to do. Oh and totally not related to the Challenge - I am scared to death of balloons. I hate them make me want to barf when one touches me or someone rubs one.
9. Tell me - right now - today - how do you feel about exercise in no more than 10 words. Addicted,  wish my body and time could give me more. 

10. Complete this sentence - in 12 weeks time - on the last day of 12wbt I am going to be feeling ____________________.  Amazed at how far I have come in 12 short weeks.  I will be pumped and nearly at my goal weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment