Monday, May 31, 2010

1st June and the offical start.

Congratulations!
Today is your day.

You're off to great places!

You're off and away!


You have brains in your head

You have feet on your shoes.

You can steer yourself

Any direction you choose!


(Dr Suess)


Sundays Super Challenge was amazing.  It was just what I needed to wake up my body and realise how far I can push it but at the same time making me realise how bloody unfit I am.


I am currently full of energy and hope that I can keep this feeling up.  It hasn't been easy.  Giving up my glass of wine before dinner or a handful here and there of my favourite goodies hiding in the pantry can be a challenge.  However, being the first week I feel in control.  I hope that every other week will be like this.


I have started to set some goals to aim for although I haven't put pen to paper or even blogged about them as yet.   So that is my next step.


I chatted with Stewart and Amanda from last years Biggest Loser after the challenge and I mean boy has that girl got some fitness.   Amanda had a baby abit over 10 weeks ago and has a wrecked shoulder.      I have to admit that I was one of the biggest girls in the group.


Yes one of the biggest there was maybe 3 or 4 girls bigger than me and one that came in after the challenge.  But that's OK because its not just a weight loss challenge.  The skinny chicks are doing it for improving their fitness or whatever their goal is.


Anyway back to Amanda and Stewart they are both lovely lovely people very straight forward talkers and very inspirational.  I learnt a lot in that short period.   Chatted and with lots of people from the group and even made some gym buddies while I was there.  It was a really really great day.


I have been reading Adro's book for sometime now.   In his book he talks about keeping your calories down to 900 per day.  I didn't think I could do it but I am nearly close at the end of each day and I am eating heaps of veggies and protein.


The dietitian is saying 1300 Cals per day.  I will see how I go this week or for the next few weeks at 1000 per day.


Well I weighed in today at 87.8kgs so I am down nearly 2kgs since last Thursday and down from 94kgs from only a few weeks ago.  I can notice it in my clothes (actually my jeans are driving me nuts as they are too loose).  Nothing that a hot wash and the drier might be able to help with. 


Yesterday B was home from school (school day off)  so it meant I was missing another training session at the gym.  So we went up to the country to the hedge maze.  So for 3 hours roughly I did loads of incidental exercise.  It was such a lovely day for it and I felt better for walking than staying home doing nothing.


Today is the official start to the challenge.  Headed to gym and warmed up on the treadmill and started a few jogs and then rest, jog then rest.   Thought while I was feeling good that I would go for a sprint in the main part of the gym on the basketball courts.  So glad I did.


So today was cardio and weight training day.    I worked out a little harder and longer as I wanted (needed) a skinny latte and some spicy sushi for lunch today.  (no I am not rewarding myself with food).  It was just what I wanted lol.


Tomorrow is just cardio and I am looking forward to seeing less of me on the scales in the morning. 


Baby steps each day. Now with a triple jump at the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment