Sunday, June 19, 2011

Living every day a better version of Myself!

This is the mantra of Michelle's live video this week.  It's about not comparing ourselves to others. It's about eating well, exercising and being the best you can be every day.  No make lame excuses about why your going to eat bad or not exercise.

I think I pretty much do that every day already.  I just need my body to get up and be the best that my brain thinks it can be.

I have had a very busy weekend.  Hubby has been working or out for most of the weekend, so I didn't hit the gym.  I took my puppy for an hour walk today, not really a big calorie burner but 300 cals is better than sitting on my butt.  Plus she just adores getting out and about.

Today I thought I would post about some I.phone Apps that I have downloaded that I have been using to mix up my sessions at gym and also start running.



The first one is called "Get running couch to 5km". It is by BenJohn Barnes.  I think it was around $2.
It was one of the very few beginning to  run apps that was in Kms not miles.  It is really really easy to use.

What I love:  There is a lovely ladies voice.  She only chats to me when its time to start running or its 30secs to walking.  I love that it works with my own I.pod music.   I think its def a great one to have.

I can't find anything that I dislike about it this app. It's easy to use. The first week is walk for 1 1/2 mins and then running for one minute.  It automatically updates when you complete your run and tells you when you will need to run again.  If you miss that day.  Its all good.  It resets the next day for you.

The other App that I am liking this week.  Is Spin Campanion by Mathieu Rothier again this app was around $2.  I think there was a free older version but I thought I would try this one out .

This one was a bit more fancy.  I think its a good all rounder cardio app.  It could easily be used for Spin, treadmill, Xtrainer - Indoor and out door activities.

There are a few things you need to set up at the start like where or which file you want to use to get the music from.  Ok this is tricky to explain.   Depending on the heart rate or speed the app is going at, it will chose from your music file the right song to go with the workout.  Very very funky.  That is why I think this is a great overall app.

What I didn't like was a bell like sound when it was time to amp up your workout. Only a small thing.

I like using this app when I am on the Xtrainer.  I love how it selects the right songs and it helps to push you a little bit harder during your work out.

The last one (or middle) one in the photo - Is a sleep sound app.  I haven't tried it to be honest it drove me nuts in the 30secs I was listening to it.  I think it was free.

I am hoping to spend some more time searching I.phone apps for training this week.

Hope these might come in handy for anyone reading my little Ole blog!

1 comment:

  1. The City2Surf app is awesome too for walking/jogging etc.

    ReplyDelete