Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I now have the flu Again

I have a head cold and while loaded up with day/night flu tablets I tried to do cardio at the gym yesterday - I just cant bring myself to do it today.  Not sure if its more that I finally have the house myself or the 1 hour on the treadmill yesterday was enough to drain me of all energy levels.

So I am going to be kind to myself and realise that its just a speed bump not a backwards nose dive and hopefully by Friday (its Wednesday today) that I can get my energy levels up back.

I didn't weigh myself today - I did yesterday and I was around 83.8kgs (Tuesdays) are my unofficial weigh in day. However I will be honest and say that Monday I did not eat well. I was sick actually everyone in my house was sick and I just threw together something tasty and quick.

I made "Fried" chicken schnitzel and chips.  The boys love it but I have to honestly say that I only ate half of the chicken and I am not sure if it was due to sickness or guilt of the calories I was eating.  I stopped.

So I am not sure if that would have had an effect on my weigh in yesterday.

I'm so looking forward to the warmer weather coming.  I think everyone tends to eat lighter when the days are sunny and warm.  I'm looking forward to being able to get out and BBQ while my little guy runs around the back yard and wears himself out.  To being able to cook lots of healthy meals on the BBQ and just cooking everything at once not 3 different meals.  Drool.

Talking about drooling As promised.

My chicken Stir fry is around 150grms or raw chicken breast (approx 150cals) per person.
Basil from one of those squeezy tubes in the fruit section of the supermarket, garlic, ginger and whatever takes my fancy.   Loads of veggies got a thing for baby Bok Choy at the moment. (pardon my spelling).
I did use 1/2 teaspoon of veggie oil to stir fry the chicken - Then added the veggies one the chicken is coloured. Toss that all around and then I added approx 3 table spoons of Oyster and 3 Table spoons of Kecap Manis (sweet Soy).  Now I didn't add the garlic etc until I added the veggies as I don't like to burn the garlic.   I also tossed in some oven roasted cashews.  Oh my they taste so good. (see my note) below.

Kecap Manis has around 60cals per Table spoon  - Oyster has around 20cals. See the difference is huge.  So you can always play around with flavour and amounts to your liking.  I did find it a bit salty but I do like my salt. The downside of course too much salt holds fluid and it shows on the bathroom scales.



Photobucket

cashews

Cashews can be toasted on a low heat in the oven - just toss them a few times and keep an eye on them as they can burn really quickly. No oil is needed and they can be done before you start your stir fry as they don't seem to go soft like fried ones can.

I have been buying the Natures selection Cashews from Coles in the same section as the baking - Yes right near the choc chips. They are the best value at around $2.50 a packet.

What else is my favourite at the moment.

A nice warm chicken salad.

I marinated approx 125-150grms of chicken breast in "Nando" Lemon & herb Perri Perri sauce. Loads of my fav salad veg including some Balsamic olives (watch the olives as they have a lot of natural salt). Sun dried 97% fat free tomatoes and about 1/4 avocado. This is a nice light dinner meal if I had it at lunch I would probably had a wholegrain roll or bread as well. Sprinkled with fresh coriander which I can never get enough of.

Photobucket

And finally for today's post.

Nothing feel or taste better than someone who hasn't seen you for a few months (since starting this weight loss challenge) than them saying "Geeze how much weight have you lost - You look great". No choc chip cookie can ever taste that good. Thanks for the confidence boost yesterday - Sharon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment