Thursday, October 28, 2010

Back on track

Today I weighed in and to be honest I wasn't too sure how I would go.  My clothes were at times feeling a little tighter and other times felt the same.

It is nearly that time of the month a gain and I have delayed it by taking the "Pill" so I knew I would gain some weight from just doing that.  But I am happy to report that I weighed in today at 78.4kgs.  I was around 76.4kgs the day that I left.  So around 2kgs weight gain.  I am OK with that and that shouldn't be too hard to lose and pick up from pre-holiday training.

I have already been to gym today and while I did struggle - I felt so happy to be there and managed to burn a sweet 600calories in 45mins.  My heart rate quickly got up around 140-150 which was a real surprise.

So anyway I am off to replenish my kitchen pantry as I have zip in the fridge - Have a decent coffee and some decent Sushi which I couldn't find either on the Gold coast.

I will post a little snippet that I found about low carb foods today.  The good carbs.  These are the ones that help you with energy and keep your blood sugars balanced so you don't get those pains of feeling like your hungry after less than an hour of eating.


Examples of Low-Carbohydrate Foods
Vegetables: Carrots, Broccoli, Green beans, Snow peas, Green leafy vegetables, Cauliflower, Zucchini, Squash, Fennel, Celeriac, Asparagus, Mushrooms, Peppers, Eggplant, Radishes, Cucumbers, Cabbage, Onions, Leeks, Spring onions, Celery, Pumpkin, Avocado, Brussels sprout,
Dairy: Milk (low fat), Yoghurts/cheese (without whey), Grains/cereals, Oatmeal, Brown rice
Lentils: Barley, Beans (kidney/chick peas/butter)
Fruits: Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries, Raspberries, Cantaloupe, Tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment