Sunday, May 22, 2011

Today is -

The last day of my old life as I know it.

Today I finally, got that feeling back again.  The one that I know that I can do it and that my body isn't going to let me down.

Today, I ran 1km in 7.21.  I can't remember the last time I ran so long.  I was always the kid who had asthma and the one time I did run the cross country at school ended up on oxygen afterwards as I couldn't breath.

I remember loving running.  I have always been envious of people who can run and look really good while they are running.  You know how some people have a really good technic and physically don't look unco.  I look unco! But hopefully I will get there.  Like the times I have run for 3 or 4 mins straight, I get this amazing buzz. I can't explain it.  I just love it!

To say I am "pumped' about starting the program tomorrow and finally achieving my goal weight, is an understatement.  I feel like a little kid who can't sleep the night before a special event..  My brain is in the right place, everything is all go.  My body, well each day we will see what happens.

I know its not going to be an easy task but it will be fun and I am already loving all the wonderful cyber friends that have inspired me and motivated me so far.  I can't wait to finally met some of these lovely ladies.

So today I say good bye to my "treat" foods that I used while I was on my last weight loss challenge.  My weekly splurge of sushi, coffee and the newspaper!



I am not sure how I am going to live without my large skinny latte.  I know I could add it some how until my 300 snack/drink allowance or maybe just work out a little longer and burn the calories.   Sushi well my dear friend at nearly 150cals or more per roll.  You can just wait for me on the other side.   I like my coffee on shopping mornings (Thursdays), but I think what I might do is just downsize (insert a big sigh!).  

I have taken my before photos.  Ones in my undies and ones with shorts on.  I might show them at a later date.  Depending! if there is an improvement.  

Some new goals, I have been thinking about : Buying myself a "Brand name" gym wear.  As much as I love my Target trackie dacks.  I would love to be a stylish gym chick.   I plan on putting a smaller sized pair of jeans on lay by.  So by the time I have paid them off I should be at that size.  Or secretly, I hope that I might have to change them for an even smaller pair.

So tomorrow, 23rd of May will be the first day of breaking old habits and living the life that I imagine my life should have always been.  Setting my sights on a new future because I know an amazing change is possible and I can see it so clearly now. 

2 comments:

  1. It doesn't matter how you look when you're running. The important thing is that you're out there doing it, or walking, or a combination: whatever you need to do. I used to worry about looking silly when I ran (I also look kind of unco), until I realised I don't have the time to look at anyone else, so why do I think they'd be looking at me? And the people watching while NOT running, pfft, they just wish they were out there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still having coffee, but I'm having it super weak so I don't have sugar in it and only have a small instead of a large one. Not quite the same as the larger one with sugar, but it's still achievable and I don't feel as though I'm missing out...

    ReplyDelete